I've been tagged by fellow fashionista Today I Like, so I hereby present you with seven facts that, well, at least I deem interesting about myself!
1. Hands down, my favorite person in the entire world is my little brother Will. I'm sixteen years older than he is and he's three, do the math. Here he is doing his American Apparel model impression from when he participated in a Halloween fashion shoot.
He is not unhip. His favorite bands include Belle & Sebastian and They Might Be Giants and he "wuvs the Highwinns." He also likes sweater vests, like all my favorite men.
2. I. Hate. Numbers. I'm about to finish my last math class ever, two years late, because I could have gotten the chance to get college credit in high school but precal was just too much effort and I found myself copying off of other people's homework. I could not afford to lose those karma points so I dropped out and spent the year having an amazing time in the counseling office hanging out with my friend Fee who was an exchange student from Sommerda, Germany, and Astrid, who is an immensely intelligent, awesome storyteller who used to live in Cuba, and a little girl whose name I forget who was the daughter of one of the counselors. Oh, and I have a friend who's a Civil Engineering major (which is 2 credits away from a math minor) and I have to preface all my stories with, "It's not that I hate you, I just hate numbers...."when I'm around him.
3. My dream job would be some kind of mix of fashion blogger/ lead singer of a band. This would acquire both more web-economics savviness and bravery, because I only sing in the car and apologize profusely to my poor passengers. My boyfriend says I have a beautiful voice, but his band is a noise band and voices just get in the way.
4. When I was little, I was obsessed with the movie Star Wars. I had a spaceship made from a refrigerator box and some markers, which transported me to Muppet Baby-like adventure worlds. (Oh my god, I forgot how great that show was!) In my travels, I was always Princess Leia, while I made my sister be Luke.
5. I have finally done something about my rejection from so many publications. (Self-promo city!)
6. I am obsessed with the color yellow, but only a specific shade which I refer to as Bright-Ass. It's more of a "marigold" shade, but I would be perfectly happy to live in a house with everything painted over in yellow. I don't think I could get tired of it.
7. I also have an obsession with Zelda Fitzgerald. I've read every book written about her, and while I respect what Ernest Hemingway's done for the literary world, I think he's a dick because he didn't like her. I'd like to write a novel loosely based on her life and do her all the respect she deserves.
If you want to be tagged, please say so! I don't know who has and hasn't been, but I know that it's a fun thing to do so totally hit me up.